The lovely curators of stellar art gallery/studio space/event venue Milk Glass Co. Char da Silva and Kelly Wray had me by their Dundas locale to shoot some art and interiors last week. It was my first foray into the world of shooting art works and it was a much more challenging task then I had imagined. Capturing the subtle nuances in paint textures and the exact colour tone in each piece was an exercise in perfection that I found to be quite satisfying when accomplished.
If you are ever in need of a space for your next photo shoot, event or art show keep Milk Glass Co. in mind. The location is great, the space is lovely and the owners are a delight.
My team and I shot a solid creative on Monday called BADBITCH2013. The shoot was inspired by all the talk of bad bitches on the radio lately. The boys seem to love them so. We dressed up our bad bitch Teisha from NEXT in six completely different looks with corn rows, and mohawks to boot by the ever talented Amber Fairie of The Manor Salon. Megan Ann WIlson, who has the baddest wardrobe of any bitch around, seamlessly pulled together six outfits that were at once sexy, fierce and intimidating. Make-up magician Bronwen Weiderick evolved Teisha from a baby-faced beauty into a full on threat throughout the day. And Asia V. mixed up a selection of cocktails to top each outfit off. We are shopping this unpublished editorial around. Inbox firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to secure it for your publication. This video was my very first attempt in video editing so please forgive my beginner status. Enjoy!
Introducing the Vargas-inspired marvelous Ms. March! She’s up in the window at Cabaret Vintage if you’d like to take a closer look. The caption reads, “Believe me, cleaning this mess is the last thing on my mind.” If you’d like to see what’s behind that feather duster pick up a copy of the R-rated calendar this coming October. Great thanks to Kingpin Chic for styling, Bronwen Weiderick for her magical make-up and Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon for those perfect victory rolls. And of course, to our exceptional model Lilly Victoria.
Photo by www.jennifertoole.com.
This past Saturday we had fifty incredible non-agency models come through Northbound Leather for the 2013 catalogue casting. Toronto has got to have the most untapped talent pool in the world. I cannot wait to shoot this thing! Check out the video for a behind the scenes peek.
This shot was taken in Davie, Florida underneath the brightest full moon I’ve ever seen. The licks of flame are from a massive fire we lit as we celebrated like the lunatics we certainly are. This photo is very representative of me as an Aries woman ruled by the fire and the moon. I hope it transfixes you as it did me. x
It has been a little over a year since I cut all external ties and focused 100% of my energy on growing my photography business. I am happy to report that it has been a year full of milestones, hard work and lessons learned. Here are the top ten highlights of Photography Career Year One, 2012:
I had the pleasure of working with Kania Couture on their upcoming campaign with young supermodel Herieth Paul. Kania has been a wonderful client and I am very grateful for their continued support. Kania’s designer Stacey Martins has been blessed with the best gift for 2013, a little munchkin! Congrats and the best of health to you and your family! xo
3) Tala Berkes Editorial Published in ELLE Canada.The supremely talented young designer Tala Berkes asked me to shoot her Ryerson Masters Collection for a feature in the July issue of ELLE Canada. Such vision and execution are rare in fashion these days and I hope to work with Tala again in the near future.
4) Hot Girl Boudoir Photography Service: An Interview. It was a real treat to be interviewed for an article on my boudoir photography by Patti the Precocious Guru for entertainment website Mommy’s Dirty Little Secret. We really got down to the nitty gritty underbelly of an interesting line of work.
5) Kingpin Pin-Up Calendar Project.Partnering up with Kingpin Chic on a 2014 Vargas-inspired pin-up calendar has been a load of fun thus far and we’re only just getting started. We are shooting a girl a month in clothes and out of them. The tame versions of the photos are presented as window dressing teasers while the scandalous versions will be revealed in the calendar’s release in October 2013. Look out for Ms. January next week!
7) Paradise Island. In an editorial spread featuring Tosca Delfino swimwear our crew flew down to Atlantis, Paradise Island for a week of fun in the sun and fashion photography. Complex Magazine published the final spread. Special thanks to supermodel Kali’i Dixon for coming along for the ride.
8) Boudoir On Brass. This special photo event series with Brass Vixens has been such a treat thus far! I have to mention the refreshing confidence and uncanny strength of the girls who have come out to the last two events. You have inspired me. Also, I am now having you all sign wavers relieving me of any heart attacks caused by the photos you’ve been gifting. Look out for the Valentine’s Day edition! xo
9) Thanks to all my Boudoir Clients.I feel very lucky to be in this line of work. Keep it coming, ladies! I love you all. xo
10) Daytripper.This editorial started off as a blind trek to Hamilton with zero expectations to shoot a model I had never met before for a David Hamilton inspired creative. Upon our arrival we immediately ditched all of our plans and dove into the fantasy world that is Lara Kruzins. Daytripper is one of my favourite editorials of 2012. It was published by Photographer & Muse.
***** I especially want to thank my team for doing such awesome work this year and continuing to be up for any challenge. Bronwen Weiderick, Megan Ann Wilson & Amber Fairlie I couldn’t do it without you. *****
On a side note, I got to kidnap and torture Down With Webster in their music video for Jessica this year and, although it isn’t related to my photography business, it was definitely a highlight. Check it out!